Listen to the Podcast Below[player id=41017] On today’s show we will be talking to Lisa Nichols, co-founder and CEO of St. Louis based Technology Partners. Lisa recently was named one of the most influential businesswomen in the St. Louis Metropolitan area by the St. Louis Business Journal. This award recognizes the accomplishments of the region’s women business leaders and their positive impact on industry, non-profit organizations, and the community at large. Her company, Technology Partners, provides premier IT solutions to businesses of all sizes in the financial services, agribusiness, healthcare, and other industry sectors and has grown to more than 350 employees. Lisa also hosts the podcast, Something Extra, which averages more than 1,800 listeners worldwide.
During this episode you’ll hear
- What led Lisa and her husband Greg to start the business and why it has been so successful and grown to its current size over its 27-year history
- The pivotal role Lisa played in 2019 for an initiative in the St. Louis area called, The Technology Leadership Experience also known as TechLX
- How her company’s community service outreach called L.I.F.T., which stands for Lives Impacted. Futures Transformed got started, and what their objectives are
- Who within Lisa’s company is responsible for L.I.F.T.’s initiative
- Who are a few of L.I.F.T.’s nonprofit and charitable partnerships, and how L.I.F.T. has come alongside to make a difference
- Lisa’s favorite outreach opportunities through L.I.F.T.
- What prompted Lisa to start her podcast Something Extra, and what messages she’s conveying through this initiative
- Some of Lisa’s podcast guests she’s had on and some of the topics covered
- What her favorite podcast episode is
- Show listeners should access her podcasts if they want to learn more about them
- Lisa’s one takeaway for listeners to remember about today’s discussion
- What “LIVING A RICHER LIFE BY DESIGN” means to Lisa
Lisa Nichols is the CEO and co-founder of Technology Partners (TPI), a Women-Business Enterprise and provider of premier IT staffing, solutions, and IT leadership development. Named among the Most Influential Business Women (by St. Louis Business Journal) this year, Lisa’s influence has been recognized by her peers and the greater St. Louis community. Lisa and her husband, Greg, founded Technology Partners in 1994 driven by their passion to revolutionize the staffing industry with their transparent business model. They co-lead the business today. Greg and Lisa have made it their priority from day one to create mutual wins for their employees, clients, and the communities in which Technology Partners operates. This has led to Technology Partners winning many awards, most recently including:
- Top Workplace, 2018-2020 (St. Louis Post Dispatch)
- Best Work/Life Flexibility, 2018 (St. Louis Post Dispatch)
- Best of Staffing – Diamond Status (ClearlyRated)
- Largest Temporary Staffing Firm, 2020 (St. Louis Business Journal)
- Largest Software Dev. Firm, 2020 (St. Louis Business Journal)
- One of the Most Innovative Companies in St. Louis (St. Louis Small Business Monthly)
Disclaimer: The topics discussed, and opinions given are not intended to address the specific needs of any listener. LionsGate Advisors does not offer legal or tax advice; listeners are encouraged to discuss their financial needs with the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.