Listen to the Podcast Below
On today’s show we will be talking to Bill Treasurer, a workplace expert, courage pioneer, and author of Courage Goes to Work: How to Build Backbones, Boost Performance, and Get Results. Founder of Giant Leap Consulting, a consulting and training company specializing in courage-building, he advises organizations—including NASA, eBay, Lenovo, Saks Fifth Avenue, Spanx, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Pittsburgh Pirates—on teaching workers the kind of courage that strengthens businesses and careers.
During this episode you’ll hear:
- How Bill was a high diver who was afraid of heights and how that prepared him for his current career and the company he founded, Giant Leap Consulting
- His inspiration behind his book, Courage Goes to Work
- How he got interested in the topic of courage
- Why courage is a virtue and it’s fundamental to having a successful career
- If courage is about saying “yes” to any risk in front of you
- The relationship between fear and courage, and how can we manage our fear
- The 3 different “behavioral buckets” of courage
- Who he considers to be a courageous leader and why
Jonathan Krueger is an Investment Advisor Representative with Lion Street Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Representative and a Registered Representative with Lion Street Advisors, LLC member SIPC. Opinions expressed on this program do not necessarily reflect those of Lion Street Advisors, LLC or LionsGate Advisors. The topics discussed, and opinions given are not intended to address the specific needs of any listener. Neither Lion Street Advisors, LLC nor LionsGate Advisors offer legal or tax advice; listeners are encouraged to discuss their financial needs with the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.
Bill Treasurer is the Chief Encouragement Officer (CEO) of Giant Leap Consulting, Inc. He is the author of international best-seller Courage Goes To Work, which introduced the new management practice of courage building and Leaders Open Doors, which became the #1 leadership training book on Amazon. All royalties from Leaders Open Doors are donated to programs that support kids with special needs.
Bill has designed leadership and succession programs for emerging and experienced leaders for NASA, Saks Fifth Avenue, UBS Bank, Walsh Construction, Spanx, the Pittsburgh Pirates, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and many others.
Bill holds a Master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin and a Bachelor’s degree from West Virginia University where he attended school on a full athletic scholarship. In addition to being an author & a business owner, Bill is a former U.S. High Diving Team captain, a cancer survivor, and the father of three children.