Listen to the Podcast Below
in this episode
On today’s show we will be talking to David McKnight the author of The Power of Zero and the book, Look Before You LIRP. The Power of Zero has sold 185,000 copies and recently was made into a full-length documentary film. As president of David McKnight & Company, he mentors hundreds of financial advisors around the country who specialize in the Power of Zero retirement approach. David has been featured in scores of national publications and radio programs including The New York Times, Fox Business Network, Bloomberg Radio, and MarketWatch just to name a few.
During this episode you’ll hear:
- David’s motivation for writing The Power of Zero and subsequently having the film documentary produced
- What is the Gathering Storm and how our country finds itself in the midst of it
- How to get to the 0% tax bracket and transform your retirement
- Why our government has been so reluctant to exercise more fiscal responsibility
- The unfunded obligations of the Federal government and many state governments and what that means in the future in terms of taxes
- How much time we have to act in our current historically low tax rates
- What are the 3 different tax buckets: taxable, tax-deferred, and tax-free and in which one(s) most American wage earners tend to collect their assets over the course of their lives
- Recommendations for how much someone should have in each tax bucket category
Jonathan Krueger is an Investment Advisor Representative with LionsGate Advisors, a Registered Investment Adviser with Lion Street Advisors, LLC a member FINRA/SIPC. Opinions expressed on this program do not necessarily reflect those of Lion Street Advisors, LLC. The topics discussed, and opinions given are not intended to address the specific needs of any listener. LionsGate Advisors does not offer legal or tax advice; listeners are encouraged to discuss their financial needs with the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.
David McKnight graduated from Brigham Young University with Honors in 1997. Over the past 20 years David has helped put thousands of Americans on the road to the zero percent tax bracket. He has made frequent appearances in Forbes, USA Today, New York Times, Fox Business, CBS Radio, Bloomberg Radio, Huffington Post, Reuters, CNBC, Yahoo Finance, Nasdaq.com, Investor’s Business Daily, MarketWatch and numerous other national publications. His bestselling book The Power of Zero has sold over 140,000 copies and the updated and revised version was published by Penguin Random House. When it was launched in September of 2018, it finished the week as the #2 most-sold business book in the world. This book was recently made into a full-length documentary film, also entitled The Power of Zero. As the President of David McKnight & Company, he mentors hundreds of financial advisors from across the country who specialize in The Power of Zero retirement approach. He and his wife Felice have seven children.