Listen to the Podcast Below
in this episode
On today’s show we will be talking to David Fischer, co- founder of the human flourishing mission in St. Louis, Gateway to Flourishing. David is also an executive coach and new director of Risk Management and Insurance Program at the University of Missouri Trulaske College of Business.
During this episode you’ll hear:
- David shares about his executive coaching practice and how he got involved with the University of Missouri and his position in the college of business
- He shares his role with Elevate St. Louis and it’s endeavor in the St. Louis area
- How the idea for Gateway to Flourishing come about and what inspired the effort
- The factors that are holding St. Louis back, particularly in the North City and North County neighborhoods
- What is needed to grow flourishing neighborhoods in the disadvantaged areas of St. Louis
Opinions expressed on this program do not necessarily reflect those of LionsGate Advisors. The topics discussed, and opinions given are not intended to address the specific needs of any listener. LionsGate Advisors does not offer legal or tax advice, listeners are encouraged to discuss their financial needs with the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.
Dave began his career as an accountant after obtaining his BS in Business at the University of Evansville. He later received his MBA from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business in 1988. He then embarked on a long career specializing in investment management for insurance companies. Dave spent 16 years as an executive with and consultant to Lincoln Financial Group. And later nine years with Reinsurance Group of American, the last six as their Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer. His focus over the years in insurance asset/liability management has enabled him to become an expert in insurance products, risk management, and insurance company balance sheet management.
In 1983, Dave became a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a Chartered Financial Analyst in 1991. In 2017 he completed all but the experience requirement for the Professional Certified Coach designation with the International Coach Federation.
Dave is excited to be sharing his knowledge and experience with the students and Advisory Board as the current Director of the Trulaske College of Business Risk Management and Insurance Program at the University of Missouri Columbia.