Listen to the Podcast Below
in this episode
On today’s show we will be talking to Ben Weaver, founder of the organization, Adventurous Faith.
During this episode you’ll hear:
- What motivated Ben to train for, participate in and finish such an arduous event as the Ironman Triathlon at the age of 22.
- How everything in his life was “on point” at that time but it was really out of balance
- The “hole in his soul” and how he felt lonely, isolated and lacked confidence
- His experience as a youth pastor and why he ultimately quit that job to pursue his dream
- Why men seem to have a bigger issue with balance, isolation and confidence despite having it seemingly “all together” on the outside
- Several key resources for men, including coaching support and why they’d be helpful in this journey that many men face
- What men can do to get started on this new journey
Jonathan Krueger is an Investment Advisor Representative with Lion Street Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Representative and a Registered Representative with Lion Street Advisors, LLC member SIPC. Opinions expressed on this program do not necessarily reflect those of Lion Street Advisors, LLC or LionsGate Advisors. The topics discussed, and opinions given are not intended to address the specific needs of any listener. Neither Lion Street Advisors, LLC nor LionsGate Advisors offer legal or tax advice; listeners are encouraged to discuss their financial needs with the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.
In 2012, I completed an Ironman Triathlon in Lake Placid, NY. When I crossed the finish line, I felt on top of the world. But the celebrations ended, and life grew quite fast. It was in this quiet that I noticed something about my life: I was lonely.
The next year, I spent my 30th birthday sitting on my couch alone. I realized my tunnel vision for goals and achievements had created a life of isolation. For thirty years, I had given people the stiff arm to my heart -- and I was painfully aware.
After taking an in-depth inventory of my life, my priorities began to change. This new perspective involved people instead of performance. Relationships with others and with God became my central focus. Following this shift, healthy and authentic relationships began to form in my life.
It was through this process that I learned a powerful truth I now live by:
Relationships aren't just something. Relationships are everything.
Today, my life looks different. My new approach has enabled me to regain my confidence while combatting insecurity and fear. Through vulnerable and authentic relationships, I have rediscovered my talents, passions and calling. With relationships at the center, I am no longer running the race of life in isolation.
I believe the world deserves a better generation of men, and I want to help give it to them. My mission is simple -- to help guys reclaim the confidence they need to build strong relationships and make their dent in this world.
Ben earned his master's degree in Christian Education/Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary. He is a native of St. Louis, where he has served as a Youth Pastor since 2011 and currently lives with his golden retriever, Gracie. He loves adventure, good music, long bike rides, snowboarding trips with the guys, tacos with his incredible girlfriend, and donuts.