Listen to the Podcast Below
in this episode
On today’s show we will be talking to Rodrigo Gordillo, Co-Founder, Managing Partner & Portfolio Manager of ReSolve Asset Management and co-author of the book Adaptive Asset Allocation: Dynamic Global Portfolios to Profit in Good Times – and Bad.
During this episode you’ll hear:
- How growing up in Peru and migrating to Canada in the late 80s was a formative period in his life as it pertains to his career choice
- How this impacted how he chose to look at the investment problem
- His approach to risk management that goes beyond being global and focusing on momentum
- The types of portfolios likely to produce positive results for investors during this stretch in the current equity market
- Why so many investment advisors still hold tightly to the traditional methods and trends
- Potential impacts that investors who are moving from the accumulation phase to the distribution phase of their lives experience
Asset Allocation does not guarantee a profit or protect against a loss in a declining market. It is a method used to help manage investment risk.
Jonathan Krueger is an Investment Advisor Representative with Lion Street Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Representative and a Registered Representative with Lion Street Advisors, LLC member SIPC. Opinions expressed on this program do not necessarily reflect those of Lion Street Advisors, LLC or LionsGate Advisors. The topics discussed, and opinions given are not intended to address the specific needs of any listener. Neither Lion Street Advisors, LLC nor LionsGate Advisors offer legal or tax advice; listeners are encouraged to discuss their financial needs with the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.
Rodrigo is a Co-Founder, Managing Partner & Portfolio Manager of ReSolve Asset Management and has over 13 years of experience in investment management.
He has co-authored the book Adaptive Asset Allocation: Dynamic Global Portfolios to Profit in Good Times – and Bad (Wiley) as well several whitepapers and research focused on adding new insights to the quantitative global asset allocation space. Rodrigo began his career on the institutional side with John Hancock before transitioning to the ultra-high net worth space at a boutique wealth management firm. Subsequently, Rodrigo, along with his partners, Mike and Adam, continued to evolve their quantitatively focused investment methodology as Portfolio Managers at Macquarie Private Wealth and Dundee Goodman Private wealth before launching ReSolve Asset Management in 2015.
Specialties: Adaptive Asset Allocation, Global Tactical Asset Allocation, Asset Allocation, Global Market Portfolio, Risk Parity, Systematic Investing, Momentum Investing, Portfolio Optimization, & ETFs.