Listen to the Podcast Below
in this episode
On today’s show we will be talking to Dale Kreienkamp, author of “How Long, O Lord, How Long?” a book of devotions for the unemployed and those who love them.
During this episode you’ll hear:
- Dale explains what motivated him to write his book
- Why unemployment is an issue during an otherwise good economy
- Why it is difficult for some people to find jobs
- The demographic that is most vulnerable to finding themselves suddenly unemployed
- Common emotions & reactions for someone who loses his/her job unexpectedly
- The importance for people to “re-invent” themselves and/or re-orient themselves to the job market throughout their careers
- Practical steps he prescribes for folks who suddenly find themselves unemployed and need to start the search for another job
- Personal steps someone can take to deal with the emotion of losing a job
- What things you can do to provide support for someone who has lost their job suddenly
- Dale’s one key message to those who unexpectedly find themselves unemployed
Jonathan Krueger is an Investment Advisor Representative with Lion Street Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor. Opinions expressed on this program do not necessarily reflect those of Lion Street Advisors, LLC or LionsGate Advisors. The topics discussed, and opinions given are not intended to address the specific needs of any listener. Neither Lion Street Advisors, LLC nor LionsGate Advisors offer legal or tax advice; listeners are encouraged to discuss their financial needs with the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.
Dale Kreienkamp is a Human Resources professional of 40 years who has served as an executive in the health care industry and as lead of a successful consulting practice. Dale has also served as a volunteer leader on numerous boards of directors, as well as in his home church. Dale has experienced a personal journey of unemployment twice when, each time, his positions were eliminated in organizational restructuring. These personal experiences created a desire within him to help others impacted by unemployment through inspirational devotions.