Listen to the Podcast Below
In this episode
On today’s show we will be talking to Carrie Burggraf, Home Care Liaison for Home Care Assistance of Missouri about some considerations as we each approach end of life, including hospice and palliative care.
During this episode you’ll hear:
- What the period, “end of life” means
- The difference between Hospice and Palliative Care
- The benefits of Hospice care
- What services are covered under medical insurance
- Various services that are helpful during Hospice
- Clarifying misconceptions about Hospice
- Effectiveness of an advanced directive
- The one message she shares about end of life with families
Opinions expressed on this program do not necessarily reflect those of LionsGate Advisors. The topics discussed, and opinions given are not intended to address the specific needs of any listener. LionsGate Advisors does not offer legal or tax advice, listeners are encouraged to discuss their financial needs with the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.
Carrie grew up on a college campus, Alderson Broaddus University, and left home as an adult with three degrees. She thought she would be a teacher but fell in love with Anatomy and Physiology, which started her journey as a physician assistant. After working in women’s health and family medicine, she specialized in geriatrics and internal medicine because she thinks older people have so much to contribute.
While raising kids, Carrie was very active with her kids in the Rockwood School District, at SLUH and at Washington University in St. Louis. Today, when she isn’t working with inspiring clients who need help at home, she loves to cycle, bake homemade cinnamon rolls and apple pie, and travel with her husband to visit their adult sons on the East Coast.